Lowa - Ranger III GTX
When heading out for backcountry hunting or trekking in steep and rocky terrain, you need rugged boots to support your adventures through the tough conditions in the Australian backcountry, Victoria Alps or New Zealand's North Island.
With a durable construction, heritage look, and ultimate comfort in mind, The Ranger III GTX is a reliable and sturdy boot that is equipped to handle backcountry bush, and perform serious hunting tasks. The Ranger is the ultimate hunting boot for the North Island of New Zealand, perfect for serious backcountry and backpack hunting.
The Ranger III is ideal for experienced hunters and trekkers carrying a 15kg+ pack over long distances. Suitable for on and off-trail use in moderate to difficult conditions consisting of hilly and craggy terrain.
- Heinen Terracare® Upper – 2.2mm full grain sanded nubuck leather upper is robust and durable to extend the life of your boots. It's also open pored for breathability while remaining fully waterproof.
- GORE-TEX® Lining - Allows for moisture and sweat to escape while preventing water from entering from the outside through a semi-permeable membrane that also provides optimal breathability.
- C4 Tongue – Reduces pressure on the instep and allows for improved flex and comfort through anatomically shaped tongues which cradle the left and right foot specifically.
- X-Lacing Stud – A patented LOWA technology that holds the tongue in place horizontally and vertically thus reducing tongue movement and preventing pressure and blisters.
- Roller Eyelets – Small rollers in the metal eyelets allow for quick and easy lacing with minimal friction.
- Medium Flex Stabilizer – Provides sturdy underfoot support while retaining forefoot flex through a full length and full width Nylon Stabilizer. (5mm at the heel, tapering to 3mm at the forefoot).
- PU Midsole – Reduces fatigue and and potential injury when walking long distances by correcting the manner of walking and controlling excessive rolling movement of the feet outwards or inwards (over-pronation or supination).
- Climate Control System: Perforations in the boot’s lining allows air to enter, pumping heat and moisture back out
- Footbed: Balance footbed with breathable top layer and slow reacting foam provides fit customization. Transports moisture away from the foot, minimizes friction and reduces fatigue
- VIBRAM® Natural Outsole - This trekking oriented outsole features medium depth lugs for good grip on diverse terrain and a pronounced front profile which allows you to ascend with ease in challenging terrain. A pronounced heel break provides confidence in your descent as well. This outsole is resoleable.