For advanced hikers and skilled hunters embarking on seriously rugged terrains such as Australia's Victorian Alps or New Zealand's Southern Alps, you need a hard-duty backpacking boot that will get you through extreme weather conditions with comfort and protection.
The Tibet GTX® is the ultimate backpacking boot, built for 3-4 season performance. It's ideal for carrying heavy loads over long distances in rugged terrain and extreme weather. Serious outdoor adventurers will feel right at home in these boots with its great comfort and rubber rand protection against rocks and scree.
Suitable for an advanced level hiker/hunter or seasoned pro embarking on multi-day treks in the Alps or via ferrata with a 25+kg pack. The Tibet is capable of handling terrain that is both on and off-trail as well as rocky or steep.
- Heinen Terracare® Upper – 2.2-2.6mm full grain sanded nubuck leather upper is robust and durable to extend the life of your boots. It's also open pored for breathability while remaining fully waterproof.
- GORE-TEX® Lining - Allows for moisture and sweat to escape while preventing water from entering from the outside through a semi-permeable membrane that also provides optimal breathability.
- Flex-fit Syncro - An asymmetrical construction of the upper and special flex zone allows for the boot to flex better with the lower leg so the foot can roll forward thus saving you strength when going uphill and providing noticeable comfort.
- C4 Tongue – Reduces pressure on the instep and allows for improved flex and comfort through anatomically shaped tongues that cradle the left and right foot specifically.
- X-Lacing Stud – A patented LOWA technology that holds the tongue in place horizontally and vertically thus reducing tongue movement and preventing pressure and blisters.
- I-Lock System - A patented LOWA clamp hook that allows for separate lacing in 2 zones. Once the lacing is tightened in the lower area of the boot, the clamp hook can be used to fix the tightness thus allowing you to customize the support and prevent the laces from becoming loose as you walk. To release the laces, simply push the hook bracket upwards and release the pressure from the instep to prevent tenderness and allow for extra room in the instep area.
- Roller Eyelets – Small rollers in the metal eyelets allow for quick and easy lacing with minimal friction.
Footbed: Balance Insole, with a breathable top layer, and slow reacting foam, delivers instant customization to the foot. This proprietary insole transports moisture away from the foot, eliminates pressure points, minimizes friction between foot and insole and reduces fatigue
Climate Control System: Perforations in the boot’s lining allows air to enter, pumping heat and moisture back out
- Nylon Stabilizers – A stiff full-length and full-width 5mm nylon stabilizer provides total underfoot support for rough and uneven terrain.
- PU Midsole – Reduces fatigue and and potential injury when walking long distances by correcting the manner of walking and controlling excessive rolling movement of the feet outwards or inwards (over-pronation or supination).
- Vibram® Masai Outsole - Experience excellent grip on all surfaces thanks to this self cleaning mountaineering tread so you can take on rocky and uneven terrain with confidence. A climbing zone at the front of the sole profile and clear undercut heel break allows you to ascend and descend through steep terrain with ease.
- Crampon Compatible - Take your adventure in the Alps to the next level with crampon compatibility and obtain a better grip in icy conditions.
- Last: Lowa Wide (Width)
- Upper: Nubuck leather, 2.4-2.6mm
- Lining: GORE-TEX®
- Stabiliser: Stiff Flex nylon 5mm heel to 5mm forefoot
- Midsole: PU with SPS Dynamic TPU elements
- Outsole: Vibram® Masa Crampon
- Compatibility: Strap-on crampons
- Height: 230mm tal